Recently I was benchmarking several methods for exporting (dumping) and importing data. One tool that I wanted to test was mydumper. I started installing it the regular way:
sudo apt-get install mydumper;
Unfortunately Ubuntu’s version (0.5.1) did not work for me. This could be related to this bug, but also could have been caused by me using Percona Server instead of MySQL. Anyway, I decided to compile the latest version of mydumper myself:
wget https://launchpad.net/mydumper/0.5/0.5.2/+download/mydumper-0.5.2.tar.gz; tar -xzvf mydumper-0.5.2.tar.gz; cd mydumper-0.5.2; cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=~/bin/mydumper; make;
Unfortunately that didn’t work either.
make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so', needed by `mydumper'.
At first I didn’t know what to do, but after some Googling I found a similar problem. Examining /usr/lib revealed that libmysqlclient_r.so was pointing to a non-existing file.
After doing some research I decided to point libmysqlclient_r.so to libmysqlclient.so. Note that this is similar to libmysqlclient_r.a pointing to libmysqlclient.a.
cd /usr/lib; ln -sf libmysqlclient.so libmysqlclient_r.so;
Doing so will (of course) fix the symlink.
Also the compilation of mydumper will succeed now!
make; make install;